Project accountantCA - Santa Monica
Valid Through: 11/15/2019
Project Manager: Position Description:Leads, directs and coordinates the day-to-day management of the project.
Reports to: Senior Project Manager or Project Executive
Essential Duties and Responsibilities• Develop a high performance team through supervision, training, coaching, and mentoring. Ensure regular feedback is shared with staff including timely completion of employee performance appraisals.
• Understand and administer Turner’s contract and subcontract agreements.
• Foster and enhance owner, architect, subcontractor and vendor relations.
• Establish, update, and communicate Master Project Schedule and manage its implementation.
• May work with preconstruction team in development of project.
• Manage budget and financial reporting, interpret and analyze reports to insure adherence to project budget.
• Manage the quality assurance/quality control program.
• Provide leadership in risk evaluation, contract negotiations, fee and pricing decisions.
• Ensure strict adherence to ethics and compliance requirements throughout the business unit.
• Manage and oversee field operation and engineering processes and procedures.
• Drive competencies to team on requirements for insurance, labor relations, and employee relations.
• Drive enforcement of safety protocols by the project staff.
• Work with Accounting to initiate pay application process and follow up to ensure payment is received in a timely manner.
• Keep management informed on progress of project and budget through regularly scheduled Operation Review Meetings.
• Support and drive utilization of various Turner initiatives and technologies.
QualificationsBachelor’s degree plus a minimum of ten years’ related experience or an equivalent combination
of education, training and/or experience. Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling,
estimating, purchasing and engineering principles and techniques, as well as accounting principles.
Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications,
including Microsoft Office suite. Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents,
drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule. Ability to implement leading-edge technologies to benefit the project. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
*May perform other duties as necessary or assigned.ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR