Bill CollectorFL - Tampa
We are looking for someone with 3 years of experinece collecting for a 3rd party!
Performs third party collection duties for commercial and retail clients, which includes making collections calls and responding to debtor calls on files. Prepares legal documents supporting the collection process. Performs electronic, phone and mail research to locate debtors that have not been served. Uses software programs to document information on a defendant so they can be served. Updates process servers, attorneys, and legal department clerks with new information for collections purposes.
- Entering data into commercial legal software (CLS) program for payments and handle all follow up.
- Generate stipulation and letters to debtors and clients through computer-assisted merge processes associated with collections
- Compute payoffs for debtors, title companies, and attorneys.
- Use tickler/diary system to organize and maintain smooth flow of tasks.
- Maintain open and regular communication with the collection attorneys for effectively collecting for clients
- Negotiate settlements with debtors, title companies and attorneys
- Work commercial and retail files for collection including placing calls to debtors and/or their attorneys
- Receive phone calls from debtors, attorneys, and clients
- Assist attorneys with debtor calls and correspondence
- Perform informal depositions (gathering of information from debtors after judgment) on lower balance retail and commercial files
- Skip trace debtors using software programs such as: Accurint, Locate Plus, Equifax and TransUnion.
- Updates process servers, attorneys, and legal department clerks with new information for collections purposes.
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years third party collection experience
Medical, dental, vision, Life, 401K
Voluntary benefits i.e. accident, critical illness, STD
Employee Referral Program
Paid time off/holiday pay
Stability with an industry leader and long-established firm
Casual work environment
Great co-workers and friendly work environment
Tuition reimbursement after one year of employment