Compliance OfficerCompany: Your Company Name Here
ID - Boise
We are looking for an compliance officer who is an expert on all aspect of compliance.
It is a direct hire position and the pay is depending on experience
SUMMARY: Administers, directs, and supervises all areas of regulatory compliance, excluding the Bank Secrecy Act. Develops and maintains a compliance program to ensure the credit union meets regulatory requirements in all assigned areas. Serves as subject matter expert and maintains and demonstrates current knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulations including but not limited to: deposit products, advertising, privacy, website compliance, mortgage lending, consumer lending, collections and bankruptcy proceedings. Implements and applies new preventative techniques and methods that identify compliance and legal exposures to the credit union. Ensures credit union is addressing any risk outlined by industry best practices, audits and examinations. Assists in the administration of legal processes for the credit union. Contributes to the overall strategic plan of the Risk Management Department and assists the VP Risk Management with various projects as required.
- Independently develops and maintains a compliance management program that effectively addresses the requirements of applicable laws and regulations and promotes the integrity of the credit union's related policies and procedures, employee awareness and responsibilities. Responsible for the overall compliance training of credit union staff.
- Proactively performs monitoring and research to remain abreast of and ensure the credit union's compliance with applicable rules, regulations and statutory requirements. Disseminates information regarding laws and regulations to appropriate departments and facilitates and tracks necessary changes.
- Reviews all marketing materials and website pages to ensure regulatory requirements are met.
- Monitors the progress of applicable proposed changes to federal and state financial institution regulations. Provides comments to regulators on proposed regulations affecting the credit union.
- Develops, participates in and reviews proposed changes in the credit union policies and procedures for compliance with applicable rules and regulations. Recommends policy and procedure changes to facilitate the credit union's compliance program.
- Pro-actively identifies and communicates deficiencies or issues with regulatory compliance, and provides guidance in the development of alternative solutions or implementation of corrective action. Reviews compliance examinations, audits and assessments and facilitates corrective action.
- Conducts research and provides written responses (as applicable) to inquiries of a regulatory or compliance nature for credit union management.
- Coordinates and Chairs the Compliance Committee. Calls meetings as necessary to ensure compliance information is effectively communicated and disseminated.
- Assists outside examiners and auditors with reviews, assimilating the information which is necessary to complete audits and examinations.
- Manages the activities of the Compliance Analyst. Ensures the duties performed by the Compliance Analyst supports the overall compliance activities of the credit union.
- Provides backup and support to the Bank Secrecy Act Officer.
2. Legal Process Administration:
- Assists with the administration of the credit union's legal program at the direction of the VP Risk Management.
- Acts as liaison with credit union external counsel as required, maintains the credit union's compliance program and resolves various legal situations.
- Reviews member and credit union related legal situations. Scenarios include but are not limited to member situations related to trusts, power of attorney, decedents, collections and mortgages.
- Assists VP Risk Management with the administration of various legal processes.
3. Policies and Procedural Support:
- Initiates appropriate changes to policy, procedures and processes as a result of regulatory changes.
- Ensures that changes to risk department and branch operations procedures are compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Answers questions from staff members regarding policies and procedures as they relate to compliance.
- Assists in the revision and/or design of forms and products to ensure compliance.
4. Maintains in-depth knowledge of and complies with all Mission Fed, departmental and security policies and procedures, as well as, federal regulations applicable to the position, including BSA requirements. Completes all required compliance training as assigned.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent is required. Two years of equivalent experience can substitute for every one year of education. NAFCU and/or CUNA Compliance Certification or equivalent is required.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience to include: lending, operations, finance and compliance is required. Supervisory experience is preferred.
Skills & Abilities: High-level written and oral communication skills are required, along with ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management, staff and external members and organizations. Must have ability to perform comprehensive and objective analysis, and possess excellent problem solving skills.
Software: Microsoft Office Suite (including: PowerPoint and Project), Internet, and Symitar Publications
ControlID: 14.234.89 SHR